The objectives of the ICCA are:
- To administer the International Cadet Class in accordance with World Sailing requirements and to maintain the class rules.
- To promote the Cadet dinghy and National Cadet Class Associations internationally.
- To support and defend the interests of sailors and/or sport associations owning the Cadet.
- To establish Guidelines for the International Cadet Class World and Continental Championships and determine where these championships shall be held.
- To supervise and license Cadet boat-builders all over the world to maintain the Cadet as a one design dinghy.